Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Poem of the Week ~ Psalm 104

During my morning prayers today, I came across a lovely compilation of verses from Psalm 104.  The verses chosen in the August edition of Magnificat come together in a beautiful weaving of images that so poignantly speak to the rich vibrancy and growth found in nature during this time of the year.

Bless the Lord, my soul!
Lord God, how great you are!

You make the grass grow for the cattle
and the plants to serve man's needs,
that he may bring forth bread from the earth
and wine to cheer man's heart;
oil, to make him glad
and bread to strengthen man's heart.

The trees of the Lord drink their fill,
the cedars he planted on Lebanon;
there the birds build their nests:
on the tree-top the stork has her home.
The goats find a home on the mountains
and rabbits hide in the rocks.

I will sing to the Lord all my life,
make music to my God while I live.
May my thoughts be pleasing to him.
I find my joy in the Lord.
Bless the Lord, my soul.

-Psalm 104: 1, 14, 18, 33-34, 35b

What do you think of this arrangement?
How does it make you feel when you read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meditation of the Day

Doing Good on the Sabbath      Heavenly Father, we rejoice that amid the ceaseless cares and anxieties, the vain desires and wearisome ...