Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Week in Review

This past week has been both lovely and busy.  My fiance and I had the pleasure of visiting our future home once again on Thursday.  He has been frequenting it quite regularly over the past month with his father, working on transforming it from the inside out.  They have both been consulting me just about every step of the way--I feel so spoiled, and certainly very blessed!  I never expected that I'd have the opportunity of personalizing my first home to such an extent. 

The cottage in the afternoon light

I have only visited the cottage in the afternoon and evening, and though it is undeniably lovely there during those times of the day, my fiance says that it is absolutely beautiful in the morning sun, as well.

Huan rather wary of the cottage



Soon after we met in 2011, my fiance received this little guy as a birthday gift.  The three of us have had the immense privilege and pleasure of getting to know each other over the past 2+ years.  I cannot imagine beginning life with my man without him, as well!  As of yet, he is not completely comfortable with the unfamiliar sight of his future home, but we're confident that he'll warm up to it over time.

Early stage of ongoing craft projects

I have also enjoyed delving into the world of paper crafts since graduating.  I'm a fond scrapbook-er, and I also have a few friends with upcoming birthdays, so I'm working on making them birthday cards, too.


Last batch of bridal shower invitations

I just couldn't resist snapping a photo of the last of the bridal shower invitations--and why shouldn't I capture such a sight?  A paper craft dream, they're absolutely beautiful, not to mention hand-made by my sister and Maid of Honor.  I am looking forward to our tea party oh so very much!

What are some of your highlights from this past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meditation of the Day

Doing Good on the Sabbath      Heavenly Father, we rejoice that amid the ceaseless cares and anxieties, the vain desires and wearisome ...